Thank you for your interest in Mechanical Systems Incorporated.
We are always looking for highly skilled and motivated people to join our team.
Mechanical Systems Inc. is looking for a Foundation & Civil Division Manager for our location in Sun Prairie, WI!
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Business Development
- Prepare estimates and proposals
- Manage and work alongside a crew
- Supervise a site and oversee the day-to-day operations
- Ensure that crew is properly supplied with tools, equipment and materials. Prevents wastage and misuse of equipment, materials and tools.
- Maintain strong customer relations
- Read plans/sketches
- Backfills and pack all excavations to prevent settling
- Setting grades/elevations
- Stripping forms
- Tying rebar
- Pouring and finishing concrete work
- Have knowledge of practices, methods, equipment, materials and tools used in concrete site
- 10+ years experience with civil work and concrete foundations, or relative work experience
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Customer service skills
- Valid Driver’s License
- Drug Test is required before hiring
- DOT Physical will also be required
Hours are flexible, but generally 40 hours/week between the hours of 8-4:30 M-F. MSI provides health and dental insurance, PTO and 401K programs. To learn more about our company, please visit: http://www.mechsystemsinc.com/
Join our Team!! We are looking for a motivated, self-driven, reliable individual who is interested in an amazing career opportunity here with Mechanical Systems Inc. The Human Resources and Payroll Administrator / Administrative Assistant is a full-time position, which requires someone with interpersonal skills. We offer competitive pay and benefits packages including vacation time, medical and dental insurance, and 401K and other benefits.
Mechanical Systems, Inc. is a family owned company, specializing in the industry of Pipefitting, Welding, and many more construction-related skills.
Basic Job Requirements:
- Processing Weekly payroll through ADP
- Processing all new hires, and terminations
- Maintaining Employee files and confidentiality
- Filing of all employee related documents
- Processing/Cancelling benefits for all employees
- Teamwork skills
- Processing agency requests for information on employees for child support, unemployment, health & human services, garnishments/levies, and all other outside requests for employment information.
- Data Entry and reconciling accounts
- Payroll experience required, ADP experience preferred
- Extensive knowledge of Office Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
**Mechanical Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Payroll: 1 year
- Knowledge of QuickBooks: 2 years
- Microsoft Office experience: 2 years
- Some College preferred
The candidate should have experience in industrial piping and be able to:
- Lead projects from a technical and managerial perspective
- Develop and maintain an applicable business and execution strategy
- Estimate projects
- Bid evaluation and management of suppliers (quality, cost, schedule)
- Interpret and create technical piping drawings to aid in the construction process
- Manage client relations and enhance customer satisfaction
- Provide technical direction for specific tasks and assign work to project sub-groups
- Supervision of craftsmen in the field
Basic Job Requirements:
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, preferred
- Minimum of 5 years mechanical engineering experience, or relative work experience
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/drafting
- Previous industrial experience
- PE preferred, but not required
- Managerial experience
- Good communication skills
- Devises new approaches to solving problems
- Strong leadership and excellent project management skills
- Work in a time and cost effective manner
- Experience in the oil/gas industry a plus
- General knowledge of industrial piping design
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and scheduling (Primavera or Microsoft Projects)
- Adhere to MSI’s mission: Provide quality workmanship to your specifications.
MSI offers excellent benefits to eligible employees (Medical, Dental, PTO & 401K).
Who We Are
Mechanical Systems Inc. is founded on honesty and ethical conduct. We are committed to providing the customer with the highest quality of products. We provide the customer with up-front cost estimates, efficient turnaround/shutdown schedules, and detailed planning. Throughout the duration of the project, we remain in contact with the company to ensure all of their goals are achieved on time and on budget. MSI is headquartered in Dundas, MN and has seen expansion to Madison, WI and Fargo, ND in recent years. We are looking for an experienced and hard-working draftsman to contribute to this growth.
The Mechanical Draftsman will work closely with our Mechanical Engineers to design drawings using AutoCAD and AutoDesk Inventor. The draftsman will also assist in project estimation.
- 5+ years of drafting experience
- Responsible for developing detailed drawings and Bills of Materials
- Pipe design experience, a strong plus
- Industrial or structural design experience, a plus
- Proficient in AutoCAD and AutoDesk Inventor
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Detail-oriented work style
- Willing to learn new products, concepts and techniques
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Pay is negotiable and depends on experience.
- MSI offers employee benefits that include PTO, Health and Dental insurance and 401K plans.
- Flexible work environment to manage time and responsibilities.
The Pipe Welder is responsible for performing a full range of journeyman-level structural & pipe welding procedures. Including pre-heat temperatures, electrode selection, welding processes, and quality control specifications in accordance with the specific metallurgical properties of the material involved. This position performs basic rigging procedures as well as advanced fabrication, lay-out, & field verification techniques.
Review Isometric & P&ID drawings, and job specifications to determine work requirements.
• Prepare material for welding, cutting or fabrication.
• Fabricate and modify piping systems and process equipment, and draft or redline drawings as needed.
• Field verification of piping & structural systems.
• Weld in compliance with applicable codes and standards.
• Maintain records of work orders and materials used.
Have knowledge of hand & power tools, as well as hydraulic, air & electric shop equipment.
Mentor and co-ordinate the work of co-workers.
• Comply with Company and customer policies and procedures.
• Support AES zero-incident safety culture and assume personal accountability and responsibility for safe work practices in all projects, activities, and operations.
• Use of Respiratory equipment. Local and portable exhaust ventilation systems (LEV), as well as Power Air Purifying Respirators (PAPR), along with half mask and full face respirators.
Minimum Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED with a minimum of four years related training and experience required. Proficiency in down-hand and up-hand welding is required. Experience in the oil and gas industry and in the arctic environment preferred. Valid driver’s license required.
Certification in Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW), Flux Core Arc Welding (FCAW), or Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW) in accordance with American Welding Society D1.1 required. North Slope Training Cooperative (NSTC) safety training certification may be required.
Must hold valid driver license
Benefits: Health and Dental Insurance, PTO, 401K plan
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lays out, fabricates, assembles, installs carbon and stainless steel piping and other industrial processing systems, including high pressure piping, according to working drawings.
- Cuts and bevels pipe utilizing a cutting torch, plasma arc or cutting machines. Must be proficient in making rolling offsets, fish mouths and the proper measurement of pipe to be fabricated.
- Measures, fabricates, and fits up buttweld, socket weld, “V” grove pipe, valves, hangers and threaded piping systems
- Operates rigid power threading equipment.
- Ability to use rigging to get pipe in places.
- Vocational/Technical Degree required
- NCCER certification required
- State licensing may be required depending on state
- Class A & Class D Driver’s License
- Minimum of three years’ experience fitting a variety of pipe in an industrial environment
- Proficient in the use of cutting torches, plasma arc, cutting machines and rigid power threading equipment
- Ability to read isometric drawings of piping systems and draw ISO’s of field run piping and fabricate from these drawings
- Prior rigging experience is a plus
- Physical ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 50 lbs, climb ladders, bend, stoop, work in awkward positions for several hours at a time, and crawl in tight spaces that may be hot, wet, or work outside during inclement weather
- Travel required
- Must have appropriate tools of the trade
Benefits: Health and Dental Insurance, PTO, 401K plan
Provides technical rescue standby for projects including confined space rescue and technical rope rescue as well as first aid and CPR.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in assessing potential hazards. Ensures that required safety equipment and PPE is readily available and in good working order.
- Performs on-going monitoring of job conditions and equipment resources and reports observations and recommendations to supervisor to assure both worker and team safety is maintained at all times.
- In case of accident, assists in locating the patient, assessing any injuries, packaging for extrication, and removing patient from the threatening environment. Renders first aid and CPR to their level of training.
- Follows handling, inspection, cleaning and preventative maintenance guidelines for all rescue equipment so that it is in a constant state of readiness.
- Maintains and accurately inventories and documents all rescue related equipment.
- Assists with special projects as assigned.
- May conduct general air quality monitoring.
- High School diploma or GED
- Entry level with zero to six months of experience
- Must have current driver’s license and good driving record
- 40-Hour Rescue Technician. Confined Space Entrant/ Attendant and First Aid/CPR. Must be able to pass fit test requirements.
- Possess critical reasoning skills and can apply them effectively in stressful situations. Demonstrates effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly to stand, stoop, walk and bend. The employee is occasionally required to kneel, crouch, climb, and crawl. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Combination of office and field/production environments. Job will be based out of Dundas, MN. Some exposure to wet and/or humid conditions and outside weather conditions. Travel to and from work sites 75% of time.
Please complete the form below.